Man tries to eat bogus $50 bills
DARIEN, N.Y. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 35-year-old man tried to swallow several counterfeit $50 bills after he was caught trying to use the bogus money at a New York amusement park.
The Genesee County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to Darien Lake Theme Park and Resort on Sunday night after Larry Jones, of Buffalo, bought french fries with a $50 bill.
Deputies say a park employee spotted the fake and called security. While being taken away, deputies say, Jones stuffed five bills into his mouth and tried unsuccessfully to eat them.
Investigators say Jones told them he had received the bills as pay for a remodeling job.
He was charged with possessing a forged instrument and tampering with evidence and jailed without bail. He's expected in court with a lawyer Sept. 25.
new york, counterfeiting, dumb criminals, food, money, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 28 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 15 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 17 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 4 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 56 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 58 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 19 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 48 min ago
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
26 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos