Man tries to eat bogus $50 bills
DARIEN, N.Y. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 35-year-old man tried to swallow several counterfeit $50 bills after he was caught trying to use the bogus money at a New York amusement park.
The Genesee County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to Darien Lake Theme Park and Resort on Sunday night after Larry Jones, of Buffalo, bought french fries with a $50 bill.
Deputies say a park employee spotted the fake and called security. While being taken away, deputies say, Jones stuffed five bills into his mouth and tried unsuccessfully to eat them.
Investigators say Jones told them he had received the bills as pay for a remodeling job.
He was charged with possessing a forged instrument and tampering with evidence and jailed without bail. He's expected in court with a lawyer Sept. 25.
new york, counterfeiting, dumb criminals, food, money, bizarre bazaar
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 24 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 34 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 32 min ago
- Bicyclist shoots young man in face in SW Philadelphia 2 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 30 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
34 min ago