Man tries to eat bogus $50 bills
DARIEN, N.Y. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 35-year-old man tried to swallow several counterfeit $50 bills after he was caught trying to use the bogus money at a New York amusement park.
The Genesee County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to Darien Lake Theme Park and Resort on Sunday night after Larry Jones, of Buffalo, bought french fries with a $50 bill.
Deputies say a park employee spotted the fake and called security. While being taken away, deputies say, Jones stuffed five bills into his mouth and tried unsuccessfully to eat them.
Investigators say Jones told them he had received the bills as pay for a remodeling job.
He was charged with possessing a forged instrument and tampering with evidence and jailed without bail. He's expected in court with a lawyer Sept. 25.
new york, counterfeiting, dumb criminals, food, money, bizarre bazaar
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 37 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 53 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 58 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
53 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
15 min ago