Teen opens mobile shower for grimy oil workers
ALEXANDER, N.D. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eighteen-year-old Evan Jensen could smell opportunity in the air in North Dakota's booming oil patch - in the form of his own B.O.
The South Dakota teen drove north to find work after graduating from high school and discovered that finding a place to shower in an area with a severe housing shortage is both tough and expensive.
So he converted a 53-foot semitrailer into a five-stall shower facility that has become a successful business venture.
Oil workers and others needing a wash pay $10 per shower.
The trailer also includes office and laundry facilities. A 6,000-gallon tanker provides fresh water and collects the greywater.
Jensen covered the $15,000 startup cost with money he earned trapping muskrats. He recently listed his business for sale on Craigslist at $95,000.
north dakota, bizarre bazaar
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 54 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 17 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos