This will make crabby people smile
TIMONIUM, Md. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- This will put a smile on even the crabbiest seafood lover.
A new record is being claimed for the world's largest crabcake.
The 300-pound monster was served at the Maryland State Fair over the weekend by Handy International.
The record still has to be certified by the Guinness people.
The company set the previous crabcake record with a 253-pounder in 2009.
The latest giant crabcake benefits the Special Olympics and the Maryland 4-H Foundation.
About 200 pounds of crab meat along with eggs, breading and seasoning went into the crabcake.
That's nearly 1,600 crabs.
maryland, food, bizarre bazaar
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized