There's a sculpture controversy brewing
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's a sexting controversy in a Kansas City suburb -- over a statue.
The American Family Association is collecting petition signatures in opposition to the scuplture titled "Accept or Reject."
The bronze work depicts a woman with an open blouse taking a picture of herself with a cellphone.
The statue is on display at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
Opponents contend it violates anti-obsecinty laws and should be investigated by a grand jury.
The Kansas City Star reports petitions with about 4,700 signatures have been turned over to Johnson County, Kansas, election officials.
kansas, bizarre bazaar
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 25 min ago
- Shower In Spots 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
25 min ago
- Shower In Spots
17 min ago