There's a sculpture controversy brewing
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's a sexting controversy in a Kansas City suburb -- over a statue.
The American Family Association is collecting petition signatures in opposition to the scuplture titled "Accept or Reject."
The bronze work depicts a woman with an open blouse taking a picture of herself with a cellphone.
The statue is on display at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
Opponents contend it violates anti-obsecinty laws and should be investigated by a grand jury.
The Kansas City Star reports petitions with about 4,700 signatures have been turned over to Johnson County, Kansas, election officials.
kansas, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ