A court ruling with sole
NEW YORK (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a court ruling with "sole."
A federal appeals court in Manhattan is siding with an upscale shoe line.
The court has ruled the distinctive red soles of Christian Louboutin shoes are entitled to trademark protection.
The glossy-soled shoes have been seen on stars like Sarah Jessica Parker, Scarlett Johansson and Halle Berry.
The ruling bars competitors from using red soles, too.
Those designer shoes sell for up to a grand a pair.
new york, new york city, bizarre bazaar
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 14 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 58 min ago
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 13 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's 38 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
13 min ago