Council members spar over Toby Keith spoof
MOUNT JEWETT, Pa. (AP) - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two borough councilmen from northwestern Pennsylvania are sparring over an alleged spoof of country music star Toby Keith's hit song "Red Solo Cup."
The Bradford Era reports Monday that Mount Jewett Councilman Jim Troutman wants fellow councilman Brett Morgan to resign. That's because Troutman claims Morgan changed the lyrics to the song during the town's annual Swedish Festival last month to make an allegedly insulting reference to Troutman's trash-hauling business, Troutman Sanitation.
Morgan didn't immediately return a call to respond to Troutman's claim that Morgan substituted the words "Red Roll-Off Truck" - an alleged reference to a kind of garbage truck - while on stage at the festival Aug. 10.
The song celebrates disposable cups commonly used at drinking parties.
The newspaper says the councilmen have long been rivals in the borough about 115 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, music, bizarre bazaar
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 53 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
57 min ago