Council members spar over Toby Keith spoof
MOUNT JEWETT, Pa. (AP) - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two borough councilmen from northwestern Pennsylvania are sparring over an alleged spoof of country music star Toby Keith's hit song "Red Solo Cup."
The Bradford Era reports Monday that Mount Jewett Councilman Jim Troutman wants fellow councilman Brett Morgan to resign. That's because Troutman claims Morgan changed the lyrics to the song during the town's annual Swedish Festival last month to make an allegedly insulting reference to Troutman's trash-hauling business, Troutman Sanitation.
Morgan didn't immediately return a call to respond to Troutman's claim that Morgan substituted the words "Red Roll-Off Truck" - an alleged reference to a kind of garbage truck - while on stage at the festival Aug. 10.
The song celebrates disposable cups commonly used at drinking parties.
The newspaper says the councilmen have long been rivals in the borough about 115 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, music, bizarre bazaar
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 21 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests