Council members spar over Toby Keith spoof
MOUNT JEWETT, Pa. (AP) - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two borough councilmen from northwestern Pennsylvania are sparring over an alleged spoof of country music star Toby Keith's hit song "Red Solo Cup."
The Bradford Era reports Monday that Mount Jewett Councilman Jim Troutman wants fellow councilman Brett Morgan to resign. That's because Troutman claims Morgan changed the lyrics to the song during the town's annual Swedish Festival last month to make an allegedly insulting reference to Troutman's trash-hauling business, Troutman Sanitation.
Morgan didn't immediately return a call to respond to Troutman's claim that Morgan substituted the words "Red Roll-Off Truck" - an alleged reference to a kind of garbage truck - while on stage at the festival Aug. 10.
The song celebrates disposable cups commonly used at drinking parties.
The newspaper says the councilmen have long been rivals in the borough about 115 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, music, bizarre bazaar
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)