Man tried to pay bartender with his own card
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Miami Beach say a homeless man broke into a car, stole a credit card and then tried to use it to buy a beer - from the bartender the card belonged to.
The case was cracked when 53-year-old David Weber handed the card to the bartender who took his order Monday night. The Miami Herald reports the bartender noticed he had just been handed his own credit card.
The bartender called Miami Beach police. Weber was charged with credit card fraud and theft. He remained in the Miami-Dade County Jail early Wednesday.
Police say Weber told them he found the credit card on the ground.
florida, money, bizarre bazaar
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 30 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 2 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 13 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
42 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos