Man tried to pay bartender with his own card
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Miami Beach say a homeless man broke into a car, stole a credit card and then tried to use it to buy a beer - from the bartender the card belonged to.
The case was cracked when 53-year-old David Weber handed the card to the bartender who took his order Monday night. The Miami Herald reports the bartender noticed he had just been handed his own credit card.
The bartender called Miami Beach police. Weber was charged with credit card fraud and theft. He remained in the Miami-Dade County Jail early Wednesday.
Police say Weber told them he found the credit card on the ground.
florida, money, bizarre bazaar
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 43 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 15 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 34 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 46 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 56 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
9 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
43 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
34 min ago