A different kind of fish story
CHARLESTON, Ore. (AP) - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's stealing -- just for the halibut.
The owners of a Charleston, Oregon, fish market report someone swiped nearly 12-hundred bucks worth of their frozen halibut.
Fishermen's Wharf owners Matt and Jodi LeDoux didn't know there was something fishy when they saw a man carrying armfuls of frozen fish to his car.
They tell a local paper the man made three trips before they realized it was their fish.
Matt LeDoux says he went after the fish-napper and blocked the car.
But LeDoux says he decided to "de-escalate" the situation when he noticed a baby in the back seat.
He tells police the car speed away with his frozen fish inside.
oregon, food, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 8 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 25 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 15 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 23 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
8 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
25 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
23 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
15 min ago