A different kind of fish story
CHARLESTON, Ore. (AP) - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's stealing -- just for the halibut.
The owners of a Charleston, Oregon, fish market report someone swiped nearly 12-hundred bucks worth of their frozen halibut.
Fishermen's Wharf owners Matt and Jodi LeDoux didn't know there was something fishy when they saw a man carrying armfuls of frozen fish to his car.
They tell a local paper the man made three trips before they realized it was their fish.
Matt LeDoux says he went after the fish-napper and blocked the car.
But LeDoux says he decided to "de-escalate" the situation when he noticed a baby in the back seat.
He tells police the car speed away with his frozen fish inside.
oregon, food, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 34 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 4 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 35 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
4 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
34 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos