Attempted burglar found asleep on floor
HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sheriff's deputies responding to a burglary call say they found a 20-year-old man asleep on the kitchen floor of a home in Oregon.
The Washington County sheriff's office says the homeowner discovered the sleeping stranger early Friday. Deputies arrived to find Cristian Villarreal-Castillo, who had in his pockets small electronic devices believed to be stolen from unlocked vehicles.
Deputies say many items in the home in the Rock Creek neighborhood of Hillsboro had been ransacked in an apparent attempt to find valuables. They believe Villarreal-Castillo entered the home through an unlocked door and was in the process of gathering items when he fell asleep.
He is charged with burglary, attempted theft, trespassing and criminal mischief. Investigators also linked him to a burglary that happened a few hours before his arrest.
oregon, dumb criminals, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 1 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 45 min ago
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 1 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's 25 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
1 min ago