Attempted burglar found asleep on floor
HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sheriff's deputies responding to a burglary call say they found a 20-year-old man asleep on the kitchen floor of a home in Oregon.
The Washington County sheriff's office says the homeowner discovered the sleeping stranger early Friday. Deputies arrived to find Cristian Villarreal-Castillo, who had in his pockets small electronic devices believed to be stolen from unlocked vehicles.
Deputies say many items in the home in the Rock Creek neighborhood of Hillsboro had been ransacked in an apparent attempt to find valuables. They believe Villarreal-Castillo entered the home through an unlocked door and was in the process of gathering items when he fell asleep.
He is charged with burglary, attempted theft, trespassing and criminal mischief. Investigators also linked him to a burglary that happened a few hours before his arrest.
oregon, dumb criminals, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 50 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 13 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 42 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
13 min ago