Attempted burglar found asleep on floor
HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sheriff's deputies responding to a burglary call say they found a 20-year-old man asleep on the kitchen floor of a home in Oregon.
The Washington County sheriff's office says the homeowner discovered the sleeping stranger early Friday. Deputies arrived to find Cristian Villarreal-Castillo, who had in his pockets small electronic devices believed to be stolen from unlocked vehicles.
Deputies say many items in the home in the Rock Creek neighborhood of Hillsboro had been ransacked in an apparent attempt to find valuables. They believe Villarreal-Castillo entered the home through an unlocked door and was in the process of gathering items when he fell asleep.
He is charged with burglary, attempted theft, trespassing and criminal mischief. Investigators also linked him to a burglary that happened a few hours before his arrest.
oregon, dumb criminals, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 39 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 58 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
40 min ago