Drunken man on horse arrested after chase
BUNNELL, Fla. (AP) - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man who police say was drunk while riding his horse through a northeast Florida town is now in jail after a police chase.
Flagler County jail records show 29-year-old Charles Cowart was arrested Monday. He's being held on $7,000 bond on charges that include disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence and cruelty to animals.
A message was left Tuesday at phone listing for Cowart in Bunnell, about 60 miles south of Jacksonville.
According to a charging affidavit, officers responded to a report of an "intoxicated male riding a horse" and found Cowart riding over railroad tracks. He told officers he was headed to his grandmother's house and ignored orders to get off the horse. He took off and police chased him for more than a half-hour.
florida, alcohol, dumb criminals, animals, police chase, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 40 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 27 min ago