Drunken man on horse arrested after chase
BUNNELL, Fla. (AP) - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man who police say was drunk while riding his horse through a northeast Florida town is now in jail after a police chase.
Flagler County jail records show 29-year-old Charles Cowart was arrested Monday. He's being held on $7,000 bond on charges that include disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence and cruelty to animals.
A message was left Tuesday at phone listing for Cowart in Bunnell, about 60 miles south of Jacksonville.
According to a charging affidavit, officers responded to a report of an "intoxicated male riding a horse" and found Cowart riding over railroad tracks. He told officers he was headed to his grandmother's house and ignored orders to get off the horse. He took off and police chased him for more than a half-hour.
florida, alcohol, dumb criminals, animals, police chase, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees