Drunken man on horse arrested after chase
BUNNELL, Fla. (AP) - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man who police say was drunk while riding his horse through a northeast Florida town is now in jail after a police chase.
Flagler County jail records show 29-year-old Charles Cowart was arrested Monday. He's being held on $7,000 bond on charges that include disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence and cruelty to animals.
A message was left Tuesday at phone listing for Cowart in Bunnell, about 60 miles south of Jacksonville.
According to a charging affidavit, officers responded to a report of an "intoxicated male riding a horse" and found Cowart riding over railroad tracks. He told officers he was headed to his grandmother's house and ignored orders to get off the horse. He took off and police chased him for more than a half-hour.
florida, alcohol, dumb criminals, animals, police chase, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos