Florida man offers alligators to swim at parties
MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - September 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Forget about ponies, bounce houses and clowns.
For $175, a Florida businessman is spicing up kids' parties by bringing tiny alligators and letting them swim in clients' pools. Bob Barrett says the gator pool parties are totally safe - the reptiles' mouths are clamped shut with veterinary-grade tape.
He says he gives the kids a safety lesson and a science talk about gators. Barrett runs a beachside alligator attraction where people can get their photos taken with the young reptiles; he started renting the gators to parties last summer when business was slow.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says Barrett has a license to exhibit the gators and adds that people should always use caution when they come into contact with wild animals.
florida, animals, bizarre bazaar
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard 8 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 47 min ago
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint 22 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 37 min ago