Crash results in 2 DUIs for dad and son
IRWIN, Pa. (AP) - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Western Pennsylvania police say a father and son had both been drinking before the younger man crashed into a utility pole and was then given a ride home by his father.
Online court records don't list attorneys for 30-year-old Adam Augustine and his father, 61-year-old Francis Augustine, both of Irwin. They face preliminary hearings on drunken driving charges Oct. 30.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Thursday that Adam Augustine crashed his vehicle in Penn Township on Sept. 16 after golfing and watching football earlier that day.
Adam Augustine then called his father for a ride home. Police say Francis Augustine had been drinking at home before police on their way to the crash encountered their vehicle, also containing a woman identified as Adam's mother and Francis Augustine's wife.
Police say all three were arguing about who should drive.
pennsylvania, alcohol, automobiles, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases