When traveling, leave the fake grenade home
NEW YORK (AP) - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Memo to airline passengers: You might want to leave your fake hand grenade at home.
A terminal at New York's J-F-K Airport was briefly evacuated yesterday evening because of a paperweight.
A Port Authority spokesman says a passenger came through customs with a paperweight shaped like a hand grenade.
After authorities determined it wasn't a live explosive, people were allowed to return to the terminal.
new york, new york city, air travel, airline security, bizarre bazaar
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 21 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 56 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 38 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 28 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 5 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
21 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
38 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
5 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
28 min ago