When traveling, leave the fake grenade home
NEW YORK (AP) - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Memo to airline passengers: You might want to leave your fake hand grenade at home.
A terminal at New York's J-F-K Airport was briefly evacuated yesterday evening because of a paperweight.
A Port Authority spokesman says a passenger came through customs with a paperweight shaped like a hand grenade.
After authorities determined it wasn't a live explosive, people were allowed to return to the terminal.
new york, new york city, air travel, airline security, bizarre bazaar
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 30 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos