When traveling, leave the fake grenade home
NEW YORK (AP) - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Memo to airline passengers: You might want to leave your fake hand grenade at home.
A terminal at New York's J-F-K Airport was briefly evacuated yesterday evening because of a paperweight.
A Port Authority spokesman says a passenger came through customs with a paperweight shaped like a hand grenade.
After authorities determined it wasn't a live explosive, people were allowed to return to the terminal.
new york, new york city, air travel, airline security, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose