Was it a crash or coincidence
HARDIN, Ky. (AP) - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- It wasn't a plane crash -- just a coincidence.
Authorities in western Kentucky searched for a possible plane crash for two hours Saturday night.
A driver called in a report after hearing a boom and seeing an orange glow in sky.
But officials in Marshall and Calloway counties didn't find a downed plane.
The Paducah Sun reports authorities think the glow in sky was the result of a church group shooting off fireworks.
At about the time, a gas can caught fire and exploded.
kentucky, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 13 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 55 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act