Was it a crash or coincidence
HARDIN, Ky. (AP) - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- It wasn't a plane crash -- just a coincidence.
Authorities in western Kentucky searched for a possible plane crash for two hours Saturday night.
A driver called in a report after hearing a boom and seeing an orange glow in sky.
But officials in Marshall and Calloway counties didn't find a downed plane.
The Paducah Sun reports authorities think the glow in sky was the result of a church group shooting off fireworks.
At about the time, a gas can caught fire and exploded.
kentucky, bizarre bazaar
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 8 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 1 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
1 min ago