Good place to see a few jack-o'-lanterns
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- There were jack-o'-lanterns a'-plenty.
Some 5,000 carved pumpkins are on display at the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, Rhode Island.
The amazed kids can thank retired postal worker John Reckner.
He's organized about 40 carvers to work on all those orange gourds.
They'll go through about 20,000 pumpkins this season.
The jack-o'-lanterns are replaced as they go bad.
The zoo's Jack-o'-lantern Spectacular runs through November 4th.
rhode island, halloween, bizarre bazaar
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 15 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes