Good place to see a few jack-o'-lanterns
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- There were jack-o'-lanterns a'-plenty.
Some 5,000 carved pumpkins are on display at the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, Rhode Island.
The amazed kids can thank retired postal worker John Reckner.
He's organized about 40 carvers to work on all those orange gourds.
They'll go through about 20,000 pumpkins this season.
The jack-o'-lanterns are replaced as they go bad.
The zoo's Jack-o'-lantern Spectacular runs through November 4th.
rhode island, halloween, bizarre bazaar
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 44 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 6 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 11 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 45 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
44 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
6 min ago