Good place to see a few jack-o'-lanterns
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- There were jack-o'-lanterns a'-plenty.
Some 5,000 carved pumpkins are on display at the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, Rhode Island.
The amazed kids can thank retired postal worker John Reckner.
He's organized about 40 carvers to work on all those orange gourds.
They'll go through about 20,000 pumpkins this season.
The jack-o'-lanterns are replaced as they go bad.
The zoo's Jack-o'-lantern Spectacular runs through November 4th.
rhode island, halloween, bizarre bazaar
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 50 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 18 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine