Good place to see a few jack-o'-lanterns
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- There were jack-o'-lanterns a'-plenty.
Some 5,000 carved pumpkins are on display at the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, Rhode Island.
The amazed kids can thank retired postal worker John Reckner.
He's organized about 40 carvers to work on all those orange gourds.
They'll go through about 20,000 pumpkins this season.
The jack-o'-lanterns are replaced as they go bad.
The zoo's Jack-o'-lantern Spectacular runs through November 4th.
rhode island, halloween, bizarre bazaar
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 8 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests