The Bible won't even save him
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Don't try using the Bible as an excuse for speeding.
A least not in Wisconsin.
A state appeals court has tossed out a religious freedom argument against traffic laws.
Jeffrey L. Manke was cited for doing 71 in a 55 zone.
He contended that his right to religious freedom was violated because the law prohibits a person from speeding.
Manke says his Bible studies show he is a man, not a person.
The court said yes, he is a man, which also makes him a person.
wisconsin, automobiles, dumb criminals, religion, bizarre bazaar
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 6 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 8 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure