City welcomes a new furry citizen
CHICAGO (AP) - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chicagoans are getting their first look at a baby, of the furry variety.
The Lincoln Park Zoo has welcomed a baby western lowland gorilla.
The baby was born October 11th and the ape exhibit was open to the public for the first time yesterday.
The new baby hasn't been named yet.
Zookeepers don't even know if they have a he or a she.
The experts say mom and baby are bonding, as the gorilla dad is watching over them both.
chicago, illinois, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 17 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 30 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep