City welcomes a new furry citizen
CHICAGO (AP) - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chicagoans are getting their first look at a baby, of the furry variety.
The Lincoln Park Zoo has welcomed a baby western lowland gorilla.
The baby was born October 11th and the ape exhibit was open to the public for the first time yesterday.
The new baby hasn't been named yet.
Zookeepers don't even know if they have a he or a she.
The experts say mom and baby are bonding, as the gorilla dad is watching over them both.
chicago, illinois, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!