City welcomes a new furry citizen
CHICAGO (AP) - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chicagoans are getting their first look at a baby, of the furry variety.
The Lincoln Park Zoo has welcomed a baby western lowland gorilla.
The baby was born October 11th and the ape exhibit was open to the public for the first time yesterday.
The new baby hasn't been named yet.
Zookeepers don't even know if they have a he or a she.
The experts say mom and baby are bonding, as the gorilla dad is watching over them both.
chicago, illinois, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 15 min ago
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 37 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
15 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
53 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
49 min ago