Holy obstruction Batman!
PETOSKEY, Mich. (AP) - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northern Michigan man charged with obstructing the police while dressed as Batman has pleaded not guilty.
State troopers arrested 33-year-old Mark Wayne Williams on Sept. 29 because he wouldn't leave them alone while they searched for a driver who had fled an accident. Williams was charged with resisting and obstructing police in an investigation.
A local newspaper reports that Williams pleaded not guilty Thursday in District Court in Petoskey. He's due back in court Nov. 21.
Williams has said he had good intentions.
It's not Williams' first brush with the law as the caped crusader. He was sentenced to six months of probation last year after police received a report of a man dressed as Batman on the roof of a Petoskey business.
michigan, bizarre bazaar
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 1 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 52 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 8 min ago
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
27 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
52 min ago