Watch out for flying pumpkins
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The pumpkins were flying.
And student designs were put to the test at a ballpark.
West Virginia high school and middle school students used their math and sciences skills to try to protect the gourds.
They designed protective coverings, kind of like pumpkin helmets.
The students were judged on how well their pumpkins fared when they were dropped.
South Charleston High School earned the "Grand Slam Pumpkin" award.
west virginia, halloween, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator