Watch out for flying pumpkins
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The pumpkins were flying.
And student designs were put to the test at a ballpark.
West Virginia high school and middle school students used their math and sciences skills to try to protect the gourds.
They designed protective coverings, kind of like pumpkin helmets.
The students were judged on how well their pumpkins fared when they were dropped.
South Charleston High School earned the "Grand Slam Pumpkin" award.
west virginia, halloween, bizarre bazaar
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 2 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
43 min ago