The return of Weedman
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (AP) - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A jury says Weedman is innocent of pot possession charges.
Ed Forchion once tried to legally change his name to NJWeedman.com.
The perennial New Jersey political candidate now lives in L-A, where he runs a medical marijuana dispensary.
He was charged in Burlington County, N.J., with intent to distribute a pound of pot police found during a traffic stop.
Forchion was convicted of marijuana possession in an earlier trial.
But he was retried on the more serious distribution charge, after that jury couldn't reach a unanimous verdict.
He tells the Burlington County Times he hopes his acquittal will lead to changes in the law for medical marijuana patients.
new jersey, illegal drugs, marijuana, medical marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 13 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers 15 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Snow Ball 2013: Eagles vs. Lions 53 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 18 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Widener U. students help stuck drivers
15 min ago