Hot chips but not because they're spicy
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- They're some hot chips -- but we're not talking spicy.
Thousands of dollars' worth of potato chips became potato crisps on a Tucson, Ariz., highaway.
A 24-foot trailer hauling the snacks caught fire just off I-10.
About $6,000 worth of Poore Brothers potato chips went up in smoke.
A local fire department spokesman says the fire was caused by a mechanical failure with a trailer tire.
The driver of the pick-up truck hauling the trailer wasn't hurt.
arizona, accident, food, bizarre bazaar
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 3 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 54 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
3 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
54 min ago