Hot chips but not because they're spicy
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- They're some hot chips -- but we're not talking spicy.
Thousands of dollars' worth of potato chips became potato crisps on a Tucson, Ariz., highaway.
A 24-foot trailer hauling the snacks caught fire just off I-10.
About $6,000 worth of Poore Brothers potato chips went up in smoke.
A local fire department spokesman says the fire was caused by a mechanical failure with a trailer tire.
The driver of the pick-up truck hauling the trailer wasn't hurt.
arizona, accident, food, bizarre bazaar
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies