Man stops to relieve self, steals meat
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man who stopped to relieve himself outside a packing company decided to steal about $1,000 worth of meat after his car accidentally backed into the building and broke through a glass door.
At least that's the story that West Hills Regional police say the man is sticking to this time.
Police Sgt. George Musulin tells the a local newspaper that 47-year-old Joseph Winogrodzki gave police several versions of the Oct. 18 incident before he was charged Wednesday.
At first, police say Winogrodzki told them he was driving past the Alex Froehlich Packing Co. when he saw two men break a glass door and throw meat onto the sidewalk.
Winogrodzki told police he was reporting that crime, but later acknowledged he stole the meat after drinking and taking pain medication.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 12 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 1 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
12 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos