Man stops to relieve self, steals meat
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man who stopped to relieve himself outside a packing company decided to steal about $1,000 worth of meat after his car accidentally backed into the building and broke through a glass door.
At least that's the story that West Hills Regional police say the man is sticking to this time.
Police Sgt. George Musulin tells the a local newspaper that 47-year-old Joseph Winogrodzki gave police several versions of the Oct. 18 incident before he was charged Wednesday.
At first, police say Winogrodzki told them he was driving past the Alex Froehlich Packing Co. when he saw two men break a glass door and throw meat onto the sidewalk.
Winogrodzki told police he was reporting that crime, but later acknowledged he stole the meat after drinking and taking pain medication.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 34 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 12 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
34 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
12 min ago