Man stops to relieve self, steals meat
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man who stopped to relieve himself outside a packing company decided to steal about $1,000 worth of meat after his car accidentally backed into the building and broke through a glass door.
At least that's the story that West Hills Regional police say the man is sticking to this time.
Police Sgt. George Musulin tells the a local newspaper that 47-year-old Joseph Winogrodzki gave police several versions of the Oct. 18 incident before he was charged Wednesday.
At first, police say Winogrodzki told them he was driving past the Alex Froehlich Packing Co. when he saw two men break a glass door and throw meat onto the sidewalk.
Winogrodzki told police he was reporting that crime, but later acknowledged he stole the meat after drinking and taking pain medication.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 2 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 4 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 7 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 35 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act