Man stops to relieve self, steals meat
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man who stopped to relieve himself outside a packing company decided to steal about $1,000 worth of meat after his car accidentally backed into the building and broke through a glass door.
At least that's the story that West Hills Regional police say the man is sticking to this time.
Police Sgt. George Musulin tells the a local newspaper that 47-year-old Joseph Winogrodzki gave police several versions of the Oct. 18 incident before he was charged Wednesday.
At first, police say Winogrodzki told them he was driving past the Alex Froehlich Packing Co. when he saw two men break a glass door and throw meat onto the sidewalk.
Winogrodzki told police he was reporting that crime, but later acknowledged he stole the meat after drinking and taking pain medication.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 47 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 11 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 4 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 15 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering