Voters high after the election
DENVER (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Voters in two Western states are high on pot.
Ballot measures to legalize the illegal weed have been approved in Colorado and Washington state.
But Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper cautions the pot backers not to get too excited.
The Democrat opposed the measure and notes marijuana still remains illegal under federal law.
He says "don't break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."
Voters in Oregon are a little out of joint over the prospect of legal pot.
They rejected a measure that called for regulating marijuana in a way similar to booze.
colorado, marijuana, election, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 17 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 10 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 59 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act