Voters high after the election
DENVER (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Voters in two Western states are high on pot.
Ballot measures to legalize the illegal weed have been approved in Colorado and Washington state.
But Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper cautions the pot backers not to get too excited.
The Democrat opposed the measure and notes marijuana still remains illegal under federal law.
He says "don't break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."
Voters in Oregon are a little out of joint over the prospect of legal pot.
They rejected a measure that called for regulating marijuana in a way similar to booze.
colorado, marijuana, election, bizarre bazaar
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 17 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 3 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
12 min ago