Shelters get fancy food thanks to Sandy
NEW YORK (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- You might not expect to see beef bourguignon on the menu at a shelter.
But folks displaced by Superstorm Sandy got to enjoy some gourmet grub yesterday.
The food was supposed to have been served at the New York Public Library's black-tie fundraiser.
But the gala was canceled in the wake of the massive storm.
So, the fancy vittles for about 600 people went to three shelters on hard-hit Staten Island.
Tickets for canceled gala went for $2,500.
Library officials say they haven't gotten requests for refunds.
new york city, new york, hurricane sandy, food, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 9 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 1 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 44 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
9 min ago