Shelters get fancy food thanks to Sandy
NEW YORK (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- You might not expect to see beef bourguignon on the menu at a shelter.
But folks displaced by Superstorm Sandy got to enjoy some gourmet grub yesterday.
The food was supposed to have been served at the New York Public Library's black-tie fundraiser.
But the gala was canceled in the wake of the massive storm.
So, the fancy vittles for about 600 people went to three shelters on hard-hit Staten Island.
Tickets for canceled gala went for $2,500.
Library officials say they haven't gotten requests for refunds.
new york city, new york, hurricane sandy, food, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 51 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
24 min ago