Students walk on water for class assignment
MIAMI (AP) - November 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Students from Florida International University have been walking on water for a class assignment.
To do it, they wear water shoes that they created.
The students had to make it to the other side of a 175-foot lake on campus Thursday while wearing the aquatic shoes in order to earn an "A'' on the assignment. Alex Quinones was the first to do so in just over a minute, earning himself $500 and major bragging rights.
A total of 79 students competed in the race.
Architecture professor Jaime Canaves says the annual race is a lesson in in life as well as architecture. He says he wants to show his students that as long as they research and test their work, anything is possible - even "walking on water."
florida, bizarre bazaar
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 19 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
19 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
52 min ago