Deer crashes through carpet store
CASTLE SHANNON, Pa. (AP) - November 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- This deer wasn't caught in the headlights. It was called on the carpet.
A Pittsburgh-area carpeting store has been cleaning up after the wild animal smashed into the store and ran amok Tuesday.
Jill Horvatic, an employee of Stout Carpeting in Castle Shannon, tells a local television station that she hid while the animal ran around, crashing into displays and damaging other items.
Horvatic says, "I was shaking. I haven't felt like that ever in my life. For 20 minutes all I heard was banging and glass shattering. It was horrifying."
Police were able to get the deer out of the store before anybody got hurt.
pennsylvania, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 20 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 53 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber