Deer crashes through carpet store
CASTLE SHANNON, Pa. (AP) - November 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- This deer wasn't caught in the headlights. It was called on the carpet.
A Pittsburgh-area carpeting store has been cleaning up after the wild animal smashed into the store and ran amok Tuesday.
Jill Horvatic, an employee of Stout Carpeting in Castle Shannon, tells a local television station that she hid while the animal ran around, crashing into displays and damaging other items.
Horvatic says, "I was shaking. I haven't felt like that ever in my life. For 20 minutes all I heard was banging and glass shattering. It was horrifying."
Police were able to get the deer out of the store before anybody got hurt.
pennsylvania, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 24 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 41 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
41 min ago