Deer crashes through carpet store
CASTLE SHANNON, Pa. (AP) - November 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- This deer wasn't caught in the headlights. It was called on the carpet.
A Pittsburgh-area carpeting store has been cleaning up after the wild animal smashed into the store and ran amok Tuesday.
Jill Horvatic, an employee of Stout Carpeting in Castle Shannon, tells a local television station that she hid while the animal ran around, crashing into displays and damaging other items.
Horvatic says, "I was shaking. I haven't felt like that ever in my life. For 20 minutes all I heard was banging and glass shattering. It was horrifying."
Police were able to get the deer out of the store before anybody got hurt.
pennsylvania, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands