Please don't eat meat on Mondays
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bag the burgers -- at least on Mondays.
That's the advice from the Los Angeles City Council.
Council members have voted 14-zip to urge Angelenos not to eat meat on Mondays.
But folks don't have to worry about the beef police looking at their dinner plates.
The Los Angeles Daily News reports the resolution doesn't make meat on Monday illegal.
Supporters say the idea is to steer people toward a healthier diet and reduce the impact on the environment.
california, los angeles, fast food, food, bizarre bazaar
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station