Man jailed for charging cell phone
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - November 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A criminal charge -- for charging.
A homeless man spent a night in a Florida jail, after charging his cell phone in a public park.
An arrest report says that a Sarasota police sergeant spotted Darren Kersey charging his phone in a picnic shelter.
The officer busted Kersey for theft of city utilities.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports the police sergeant told the man such behavior "will not be tolerated during this bad economy."
After Kersey spent a night in the cooler, a judge tossed the case out of court.
florida, cell phones, police, homeless, bizarre bazaar
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 42 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 52 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands