Suspected drunk driver hits bakery
PITTSBURGH (AP) - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's never a good time for a drunken driver to smash into a bakery, but it's an even bigger problem when it happens just before Thanksgiving.
The Schorr Bakery in Pittsburgh will be closed Tuesday due to the accident, though the family-owned bakery has already arranged for customers to pick up Tuesday's holiday orders at another location in the suburb of West View.
Still, owner Jim Schorr says he expects the Pittsburgh location to reopen Wednesday, in time for other customers to pick up their last-minute holiday orders.
Police haven't released the name of the driver, but expect to charge him with drunken driving and perhaps other crimes.
The crash happened late Monday night.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, automobiles, alcohol, DUI, driving, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 47 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly 7 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 9 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
47 min ago
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
7 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos