Suspected drunk driver hits bakery
PITTSBURGH (AP) - November 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's never a good time for a drunken driver to smash into a bakery, but it's an even bigger problem when it happens just before Thanksgiving.
The Schorr Bakery in Pittsburgh will be closed Tuesday due to the accident, though the family-owned bakery has already arranged for customers to pick up Tuesday's holiday orders at another location in the suburb of West View.
Still, owner Jim Schorr says he expects the Pittsburgh location to reopen Wednesday, in time for other customers to pick up their last-minute holiday orders.
Police haven't released the name of the driver, but expect to charge him with drunken driving and perhaps other crimes.
The crash happened late Monday night.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 23 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 19 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
23 min ago