Suspected drunk driver hits bakery
PITTSBURGH (AP) - November 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's never a good time for a drunken driver to smash into a bakery, but it's an even bigger problem when it happens just before Thanksgiving.
The Schorr Bakery in Pittsburgh will be closed Tuesday due to the accident, though the family-owned bakery has already arranged for customers to pick up Tuesday's holiday orders at another location in the suburb of West View.
Still, owner Jim Schorr says he expects the Pittsburgh location to reopen Wednesday, in time for other customers to pick up their last-minute holiday orders.
Police haven't released the name of the driver, but expect to charge him with drunken driving and perhaps other crimes.
The crash happened late Monday night.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 25 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 25 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 12 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 23 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 22 min ago
- Sandusky lawyer sued over $25,000 credit card debt 27 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in...
22 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
25 min ago