Rudolph has been saved
RUDOLPH, Ohio (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's the busy time of year for Rudolph -- and not just Santa's famous reindeer.
Thousands of cards and letters are flooding into the post office in Rudolph, Ohio.
Volunteers in the village are helping to stamp the mail with a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer postmark.
The tradition had been threatened by staff cut backs.
But postal officials have decided to let townsfolk pick up the slack.
About 80,000 pieces of mail are expected to be processed.
A local lawmaker says Rudolph has been saved.
ohio, animals, christmas, holidays, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man