Rudolph has been saved
RUDOLPH, Ohio (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's the busy time of year for Rudolph -- and not just Santa's famous reindeer.
Thousands of cards and letters are flooding into the post office in Rudolph, Ohio.
Volunteers in the village are helping to stamp the mail with a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer postmark.
The tradition had been threatened by staff cut backs.
But postal officials have decided to let townsfolk pick up the slack.
About 80,000 pieces of mail are expected to be processed.
A local lawmaker says Rudolph has been saved.
ohio, animals, christmas, holidays, bizarre bazaar
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 4 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
45 min ago