Rudolph has been saved
RUDOLPH, Ohio (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's the busy time of year for Rudolph -- and not just Santa's famous reindeer.
Thousands of cards and letters are flooding into the post office in Rudolph, Ohio.
Volunteers in the village are helping to stamp the mail with a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer postmark.
The tradition had been threatened by staff cut backs.
But postal officials have decided to let townsfolk pick up the slack.
About 80,000 pieces of mail are expected to be processed.
A local lawmaker says Rudolph has been saved.
ohio, animals, christmas, holidays, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 9 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos