Not a very good hiding place
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's not a particularly good place to hide your stash -- the back of a deputy's patrol car.
But authorities, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, charge Raymond Rodarte tried to do just that.
A local television station reports that Rodarte was pulled over for driving with expired tags.
He was busted after deputies say they found drug paraphernalia in his car and Rodarte reeked of pot.
On the way to jail, authorities say Rodarte tried hiding weed, heroin and coke in the back of the sheriff's department vehicle.
He's now facing drug trafficking charges.
new mexico, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures