A switch in calendar themes
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Saloons and brothels.
They're part of the history of Everett, Washington, and they're being celebrated in a new calendar.
The Historic Everett calendar for 2013 will feature pictures from the early 1900s.
Lumberjacks would take their pay and go to town.
So, business boomed at the saloons and brothels.
Historic Everett's Dave Ramstad says a $10 a month fine on the women produced so much money, the mayor could lower business taxes.
The Daily Herald reports the calendar is quite a switch from two years ago, when the theme was church architecture.
washington, bizarre bazaar
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 4 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
4 min ago