A switch in calendar themes
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Saloons and brothels.
They're part of the history of Everett, Washington, and they're being celebrated in a new calendar.
The Historic Everett calendar for 2013 will feature pictures from the early 1900s.
Lumberjacks would take their pay and go to town.
So, business boomed at the saloons and brothels.
Historic Everett's Dave Ramstad says a $10 a month fine on the women produced so much money, the mayor could lower business taxes.
The Daily Herald reports the calendar is quite a switch from two years ago, when the theme was church architecture.
washington, bizarre bazaar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 14 min ago
- Temps Soar 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 17 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 32 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 34 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 24 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
30 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
14 min ago