A switch in calendar themes
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Saloons and brothels.
They're part of the history of Everett, Washington, and they're being celebrated in a new calendar.
The Historic Everett calendar for 2013 will feature pictures from the early 1900s.
Lumberjacks would take their pay and go to town.
So, business boomed at the saloons and brothels.
Historic Everett's Dave Ramstad says a $10 a month fine on the women produced so much money, the mayor could lower business taxes.
The Daily Herald reports the calendar is quite a switch from two years ago, when the theme was church architecture.
washington, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 13 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 35 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 5 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 32 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
13 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
5 min ago