A switch in calendar themes
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Saloons and brothels.
They're part of the history of Everett, Washington, and they're being celebrated in a new calendar.
The Historic Everett calendar for 2013 will feature pictures from the early 1900s.
Lumberjacks would take their pay and go to town.
So, business boomed at the saloons and brothels.
Historic Everett's Dave Ramstad says a $10 a month fine on the women produced so much money, the mayor could lower business taxes.
The Daily Herald reports the calendar is quite a switch from two years ago, when the theme was church architecture.
washington, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 7 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 10 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
3 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
1 min ago