How to give a cartel bad news
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- How do you tell the cartel you lost their drug money?
How about getting the cops to write an excuse?
Authorities in Tucson, Arizona, charge Demarco Alonzo Thomas was transporting cash for a drug cartel.
Police say he was threatened when he came up 20-grand short.
A local newspaper reports that Thomas asked police asked for a phony receipt showing the money had been seized.
He was busted on suspicion of money laundering and racketeering.
Police say after his arrest, officers found a total of $20,000 in a suitcase and his wallet.
arizona, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, money, bizarre bazaar
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run