How to give a cartel bad news
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- How do you tell the cartel you lost their drug money?
How about getting the cops to write an excuse?
Authorities in Tucson, Arizona, charge Demarco Alonzo Thomas was transporting cash for a drug cartel.
Police say he was threatened when he came up 20-grand short.
A local newspaper reports that Thomas asked police asked for a phony receipt showing the money had been seized.
He was busted on suspicion of money laundering and racketeering.
Police say after his arrest, officers found a total of $20,000 in a suitcase and his wallet.
arizona, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, money, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 2 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 8 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours 26 min ago
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's