He still has some chop in him
LEAGUE CITY, Texas (AP) - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Even at age 79, a Houston-area man is able to chop a crook down to size.
Authorities report Ervin Brittnacher used a karate chop against a man armed with rifle.
Police in League City say Brittnacher heard noises outside his house that awakened him early Monday.
He opened his door to investigate and a saw man with a gun.
Brittnacher told police he got the guy in throat with a karate chop and took the rifle away.
Charles Brian Smith is now charged with attempted burglary.
texas, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 58 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies