Monopoly comes to Lagos, Nigeria's biggest city
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nigeria's largest city of Lagos is no boardwalk, but now Monopoly is taking inspiration from the city's sprawling chaos.
Officials unveiled a Lagos-themed Monopoly board game Tuesday in the city. Officials walked past a massive display of the new board game on the floor at Lagos' City Hall on Lagos Island, showing the familiar spaces with their new themed names.
The most expensive property is not Boardwalk, but Lagos' Banana Island, which is an artificial island with mansions and exclusive apartments. The cheapest is Makoko, a waterfront slum of homes on stilts. There's still chance and jail, with the option of just visiting as always.
Hasbro Inc., which owns the rights to Monopoly, said Bestman Games Ltd. would distribute the Lagos version of the game under an exclusive license.
africa, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 55 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 15 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 34 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
56 min ago