School stumped by mail addressed to Indiana Jones
CHICAGO (AP) - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- University of Chicago officials are puzzled by a mystery piece of mail seemingly linked to the Indiana Jones movie series.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the university's admissions department received a package last week addressed to "Henry Walton Jones Jr." That's the main character's name in the popular film franchise that began in 1980s.
The package contained a replica of the journal from the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" film - and no explanation.
University officials turned to Tumblr for answers.
Admissions counselor Grace Chapin says one theory is that it's an "alternate reality" game where players plant clues for others.
Officials with Lucasfilm, the studio that made the movies, say they weren't responsible for the package.
University officials say they haven't decided what to do with the journal.
chicago, illinois, school, u.s. postal service, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 36 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 12 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
36 min ago