School stumped by mail addressed to Indiana Jones
CHICAGO (AP) - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- University of Chicago officials are puzzled by a mystery piece of mail seemingly linked to the Indiana Jones movie series.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the university's admissions department received a package last week addressed to "Henry Walton Jones Jr." That's the main character's name in the popular film franchise that began in 1980s.
The package contained a replica of the journal from the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" film - and no explanation.
University officials turned to Tumblr for answers.
Admissions counselor Grace Chapin says one theory is that it's an "alternate reality" game where players plant clues for others.
Officials with Lucasfilm, the studio that made the movies, say they weren't responsible for the package.
University officials say they haven't decided what to do with the journal.
chicago, illinois, school, u.s. postal service, bizarre bazaar
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla. tornado 40 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Edgemoor dumpster explosion leaves 1 critical 24 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished 48 min ago
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel 58 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute 46 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla....
40 min ago