FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (AP) - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Airplanes don't have fenders.
But that doesn't mean they can't have fender-benders.
That's what authorities say happened at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport in Florida.
Officials say a Spirit Airlines Airbus A-320 clipped a US Airways Airbus of the same model on New Year's Eve.
The Spirit Airlines jet got a chunk of the US Airways jet as it sat parked in a remote area away from the gate.
The US Airways jet ended up with a gash in its tail section.
As for the passengers on the Spirit flight from Atlanta, all 162 passengers got off as normal and the plane was returned to service.
florida, air travel, accident, bizarre bazaar
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- Milder this afternoon 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs