Twin mothers give birth the same day
AKRON, Ohio (AP) - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Aiden and Donavyn didn't wait until New Year's Day to come screaming into the world, but the circumstances of their births are still pretty special: The babies were born about two hours apart to Ohio mothers who are identical twins.
A local newspaper reports that the 19-year-old mothers - Aimee and Ashlee Nelson - weren't raised to do things alike and did not plan the births to come at the same time. In fact, their due dates were about a week apart.
Aimee's son, Donavyn Scott Bratten, was born just after noon on the last day of 2012. Ashlee's son, Aiden Lee Alan Dilts, made his appearance at about 2 p.m.
They were delivered by the same doctor at Summa Akron City Hospital.
ohio, bizarre bazaar
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 14 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 58 min ago
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 13 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's 38 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
13 min ago