Man who rode horse while drunk gets time served
BUNNELL, Fla. (AP) - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Florida man accused of riding his horse while intoxicated during a police chase has changed his plea and was sentenced to time served.
A local newspaper reports that 29-year-old Charles Larkin Cowart pleaded no contest Tuesday to obstructing an officer without violence and interfering with railroad tracks. He originally pleaded not guilty to the Sept. 24 ride through Bunnell, north of Orlando.
Circuit Judge David Walsh also sentenced Cowart to three years of probation. He had been held in the Flagler County Jail on $7,000 bail.
Police say Cowart told them he was on his way to this grandmother's house. He refused their request to get off the horse and took off. Eventually, the horse became exhausted and Cowart ran. He was arrested a short time later.
florida, animals, alcohol, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 16 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
11 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
16 min ago