Squatter warmed up in crawlspace of Wash home
YELM, Wash. (AP) - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A heating repairman had good news and bad news for Washington state homeowner Velma Kellen.
The good news was he had fixed her heating ducts after she reported her furnace was failing to heat the house.
The bad news: Someone was living in a crawlspace under the home and had diverted the heat to keep warm.
The repairman said he found beer cans and a liquor bottle beneath the house.
Kellen told a local television station on Monday that she had no idea how long the unwanted visitor had been climbing into her crawlspace, which has an opening to her backyard.
Kellen thinks the person also might have smoked marijuana, because she often smelled smoke. The squatter somehow fooled her three dogs that never barked.
washington, bizarre bazaar
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 54 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
43 min ago