The robbery was for mom
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Buying a birthday present for your mom maybe a nice sentiment.
But it's no excuse for a robbery.
Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a teenager has admitted to robbing a gas station, so he could buy his mom a gift.
A local newspaper reports that 18-year-old Cameron Christian Blake has pleaded guilty to felony robbery.
According to court records, Blake told police he got $130 and dropped 82 bucks on a Kindle Fire e-reader for his mother.
He spent the rest on pot.
He is being sentenced later this month for that and another armed robbery in September.
allentown, pennsylvania, dumb criminals, money, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 56 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
56 min ago