The robbery was for mom
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Buying a birthday present for your mom maybe a nice sentiment.
But it's no excuse for a robbery.
Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a teenager has admitted to robbing a gas station, so he could buy his mom a gift.
A local newspaper reports that 18-year-old Cameron Christian Blake has pleaded guilty to felony robbery.
According to court records, Blake told police he got $130 and dropped 82 bucks on a Kindle Fire e-reader for his mother.
He spent the rest on pot.
He is being sentenced later this month for that and another armed robbery in September.
allentown, pennsylvania, dumb criminals, money, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 32 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ