The robbery was for mom
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Buying a birthday present for your mom maybe a nice sentiment.
But it's no excuse for a robbery.
Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a teenager has admitted to robbing a gas station, so he could buy his mom a gift.
A local newspaper reports that 18-year-old Cameron Christian Blake has pleaded guilty to felony robbery.
According to court records, Blake told police he got $130 and dropped 82 bucks on a Kindle Fire e-reader for his mother.
He spent the rest on pot.
He is being sentenced later this month for that and another armed robbery in September.
allentown, pennsylvania, dumb criminals, money, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 55 min ago