Nev. manager wants to change city 'hamburger' logo
HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The city manager in Henderson, Nev., says he wants to update the city's logo after it was mistaken for a hamburger.
Jacob Snow tells a local newspaper that the logo is too detailed to reprint clearly on small items such as business cards. He also says he doesn't like the image's saguaro cactus, which is not native to the Mojave desert.
The circular logo was adopted in 1993 and features a mountain range, a lake, buildings and a golf course through the middle. City spokesman Bud Cranor says the more than 14 different colors on the image make it difficult to replicate.
Snow announced in August that he wanted to change the logo but says he wants to phase it out over time to keep costs down.
nevada, bizarre bazaar
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 8 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 15 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
8 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
15 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
3 min ago