A real seal deal
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's the real seal deal.
Scientists and web surfers can watch baby seals on Seal Island off the coast of Maine.
The live-streaming camera is believed to be the first of its type on the East Coast.
Researchers will be able to study the seal-pupping site.
Stephanie Wood, a biologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, says the public will also see "nature in action."
maine, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 49 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 10 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 52 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball