A real seal deal
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - January 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's the real seal deal.
Scientists and web surfers can watch baby seals on Seal Island off the coast of Maine.
The live-streaming camera is believed to be the first of its type on the East Coast.
Researchers will be able to study the seal-pupping site.
Stephanie Wood, a biologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, says the public will also see "nature in action."
maine, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)