Big bucks in used oil
(AP) - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- You might think used cooking oil is something to dump -- not steal.
But crooks are finding bucks in the fry oil.
Authorities in suburban Washington report thieves are going after containers of the old oil behind restaurants in northern Virginia.
The fry grease is reprocessed for use in biodiesel fuel.
A Prince William County police spokesman tells a local news radio station that they've arrested one suspect and are looking for another.
Police have gotten multiple oil theft reports since early last year.
food, bizarre bazaar
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 8 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 19 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 18 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 33 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 14 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 6 min ago
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
8 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
19 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn...
18 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos