Big bucks in used oil
(AP) - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- You might think used cooking oil is something to dump -- not steal.
But crooks are finding bucks in the fry oil.
Authorities in suburban Washington report thieves are going after containers of the old oil behind restaurants in northern Virginia.
The fry grease is reprocessed for use in biodiesel fuel.
A Prince William County police spokesman tells a local news radio station that they've arrested one suspect and are looking for another.
Police have gotten multiple oil theft reports since early last year.
food, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 23 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 5 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote 44 min ago
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion