Big bucks in used oil
(AP) - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- You might think used cooking oil is something to dump -- not steal.
But crooks are finding bucks in the fry oil.
Authorities in suburban Washington report thieves are going after containers of the old oil behind restaurants in northern Virginia.
The fry grease is reprocessed for use in biodiesel fuel.
A Prince William County police spokesman tells a local news radio station that they've arrested one suspect and are looking for another.
Police have gotten multiple oil theft reports since early last year.
food, bizarre bazaar
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs