$600 lost at courthouse was claimed by wrong man
PITTSBURGH (AP) - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sheriff's deputies say $600 lost by a man who went to a western Pennsylvania courthouse to pay child support has been "found" - illegally - by the wrong man.
Allegheny County sheriff's Lt. Jack Kearney says a man mistakenly forgot the envelope containing the money when he emptied his pockets to go through a metal detector at the courthouse in Pittsburgh on Friday.
About 90 minutes later, another man approached a deputy manning the detector and claimed to have forgotten the money. Only trouble is, the man to whom the money really belonged returned later to claim it, only to learn that it was already claimed by the other man.
Deputies are reviewing court logs and surveillance video to determine who illegally claimed the money. That person could be charged with theft.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, money, bizarre bazaar
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 45 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 33 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 34 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 38 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
31 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
16 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
24 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
34 min ago