$600 lost at courthouse was claimed by wrong man
PITTSBURGH (AP) - January 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sheriff's deputies say $600 lost by a man who went to a western Pennsylvania courthouse to pay child support has been "found" - illegally - by the wrong man.
Allegheny County sheriff's Lt. Jack Kearney says a man mistakenly forgot the envelope containing the money when he emptied his pockets to go through a metal detector at the courthouse in Pittsburgh on Friday.
About 90 minutes later, another man approached a deputy manning the detector and claimed to have forgotten the money. Only trouble is, the man to whom the money really belonged returned later to claim it, only to learn that it was already claimed by the other man.
Deputies are reviewing court logs and surveillance video to determine who illegally claimed the money. That person could be charged with theft.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, money, bizarre bazaar
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 25 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 8 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 57 min ago
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 6 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Crews battle house fire in Wilmington 27 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 36 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
13 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
25 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
8 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
24 min ago