Where there's smoke, there's pot
WHITEHALL, Pa. (AP) - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in one Pittsburgh suburb have come up with a new twist on an old adage: Where there's smoke ... there's marijuana.
A local television station reports Friday that Whitehall police cited a man for marijuana possession after they responded to a smoke alarm at his home about 6:30 p.m. Jan 15.
When police arrived, they didn't find a fire - but they did smell marijuana and questioned the man. Police say he admitted smoking pot, and police then found a small amount of the drug and some related paraphernalia.
Police didn't arrest the man. He's being mailed a court summons to respond to charges of marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 46 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 29 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
31 min ago