Where there's smoke, there's pot
WHITEHALL, Pa. (AP) - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in one Pittsburgh suburb have come up with a new twist on an old adage: Where there's smoke ... there's marijuana.
A local television station reports Friday that Whitehall police cited a man for marijuana possession after they responded to a smoke alarm at his home about 6:30 p.m. Jan 15.
When police arrived, they didn't find a fire - but they did smell marijuana and questioned the man. Police say he admitted smoking pot, and police then found a small amount of the drug and some related paraphernalia.
Police didn't arrest the man. He's being mailed a court summons to respond to charges of marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 32 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act