Long Beach helps out Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Miss. (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Long Beach is thanking Long Beach.
After Hurricane Katrina damaged the Mississippi coast, people in Long Beach, New York, sent money and help for Long Beach, Mississippi.
Now, folks in Mississippi's Long Beach are responded in kind.
They sold barbecued chicken and pork to raise money for Superstorm Sandy victims in New York's Long Beach.
Organizers tell a local television station that their goal is to raise $8,000 for the New York hurricane victims.
mississippi, hurricane sandy, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, bizarre bazaar
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 39 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 3 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos