Long Beach helps out Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Miss. (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Long Beach is thanking Long Beach.
After Hurricane Katrina damaged the Mississippi coast, people in Long Beach, New York, sent money and help for Long Beach, Mississippi.
Now, folks in Mississippi's Long Beach are responded in kind.
They sold barbecued chicken and pork to raise money for Superstorm Sandy victims in New York's Long Beach.
Organizers tell a local television station that their goal is to raise $8,000 for the New York hurricane victims.
mississippi, hurricane sandy, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 12 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
10 min ago