Long Beach helps out Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Miss. (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Long Beach is thanking Long Beach.
After Hurricane Katrina damaged the Mississippi coast, people in Long Beach, New York, sent money and help for Long Beach, Mississippi.
Now, folks in Mississippi's Long Beach are responded in kind.
They sold barbecued chicken and pork to raise money for Superstorm Sandy victims in New York's Long Beach.
Organizers tell a local television station that their goal is to raise $8,000 for the New York hurricane victims.
mississippi, hurricane sandy, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, bizarre bazaar
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish