Never too old to jump
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Russell Louden never got his wish to be a paratrooper in World War II.
But he finally got to jump out of an airplane.
Louden recently turned 90 and celebrated his birthday by skydiving.
He made a tandem jump with an instructor from Skydive South Padre of Texas.
They landed in the warm sand of Padre Island.
A local newspaper reports about 20 friends cheered on the senior skydiver before take-off.
Louden says the parachute jump was amazing and everyone should do it at least once.
texas, bizarre bazaar
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 37 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 25 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
25 min ago