Never too old to jump
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Russell Louden never got his wish to be a paratrooper in World War II.
But he finally got to jump out of an airplane.
Louden recently turned 90 and celebrated his birthday by skydiving.
He made a tandem jump with an instructor from Skydive South Padre of Texas.
They landed in the warm sand of Padre Island.
A local newspaper reports about 20 friends cheered on the senior skydiver before take-off.
Louden says the parachute jump was amazing and everyone should do it at least once.
texas, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 31 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 56 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
57 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
56 min ago