Black, white and cute all over
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- She's black and white -- and cute all over.
The Louisville Zoo has a new baby zebra for the first time in 13 years.
The Courier-Journal reports the 72-pound foal took her first steps and began nursing soon after she was born.
Both mother and foal are doing well.
The baby zebra will be on exhibit in the coming weeks at the Kentucky zoo.
There will also be a naming contest in this spring.
kentucky, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 30 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman 14 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 9 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 7 min ago
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 18 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro